Reports to Care Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide direct services to person who living with HIV/AIDS under supervision of Care Coordinator.
- Carries out tasks that are needed to execute the medical and support service plans, including the following: accompanies patients to appointments when required, provides coaching to patients, delivers monthly or weekly health education encounters, performs entitlements reassessment, coordinates logistics for plan adherence reminders, transportation and childcare arrangement
- Responsible for field-based following tasks: observes and records patient self-administration of ARVs., assess for and reports any ARV related side-effects, and delivered in the home, CBO, work or any other location that is convenient for PLWHA.
- Maintain client-related records and other required documentation according to the protocols and standards of APICHA’s Client Services Department.
- Working as a part of the unit at the quality assurance and continue quality improvement (CQI) tasks.
- Represent the agency at various venues to promote agency services.
- Other activities as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of working experience required. Some college education with 1 year of working experience preferred.
- Strong socio-cultural identification with the target population or experience in working with target population required.
- Fluency in one or more Asian language preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required.
- Independent and good team player.
- Good attention to details.
- Ability to communicate well with medical providers and support staff.
- Ability to work well with diverse population.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and stressful environment.
- Ability to work well within the organizational structure.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to use common office software. (Word, Excel, Power Point). Familiarity with AIRS preferred.
Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefits. To apply, please send a resume, cover letter (including salary requirements), and three references to Venus Vacharakitja, Associate Director of Client Services, APICHA, Inc. 400 Broadway, New York, NY 10013 or Email Vvacharakitja@apicha.org. Position is open until filled.
APICHA is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, national origin, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or citizenship status.