No one is immune to HIV infection. Any one of us can be at risk for HIV infection and we are here to help in managing those risks in a non-judgmental and culturally competent way. We provide HIV prevention services and education which helps individuals, families and groups stay HIV-negative and improve their health outcomes by accessing care.
In the LGBT Program, we have projects providing services to different sectors of the Asian & Pacific Islander (A&PI) lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex (LGBTQI) communities:
Men’s Health Project – The adult men’s project offers HIV prevention services to A&PI men who have sex with men (MSM) who are 25 and older.
Project Connect – Project Connect provides mentorship and skills workshops aimed at improving the general health and wellness of A&PI LGBT youth and adults.
The goal of the LGBT Program is:
- To stop the spread of HIV in NYC by providing individual, group and community support to A&PI LGBT youth and adults
- To improve health outcomes, eliminate health disparities and increase access to care for A&PI LGBT individuals, families and communities
- To reduce community and organizational stigma and discrimination through education and knowledge
- To provide culturally sensitive evidence-based interventions
- To ameliorate the effects of racism, homophobia and sexism on the A&PI LGBTQI community
For more information, please contact: